Period: 2017 ~ 2018
Grant: Hyundai Motor Company
Partner: Infotainment Software Development Team
Feature fatigue is one of the critical problems during new service design which results in end-users significant dis-satisfaction about new products. Though automotive industry has been focused on a new connected-car service design, there are also risk about end-user feature fatigue about new services. In this project, we aim to develop a new service design process using VR-HMD (Virtual Reality Head-Mounted Display), which would optimize a company’s feature selection process for a new product development.
- Developing a new feature selection process for the connected-car service design
- Probed a feature selection process in company to understand the problem of feature fatigue
- Built a virtual reality prototyping platform with HMD (Head-Mounted Display)
- Tools: Feature fatigue analysis, clustering, virtual reality prototypes in usability testing
- Less is More or the More the better? Virtual Reality-based Feature Selection Method for a New Connected-Car Service Design (submitting)
- Ryu, H., Song, H., Seo, K., & Kim, J. (2018). Servicizing Solutions for Manufacturing Firms: Categorizing Service Ideas from Product-Service Integrated Examples. The Design Journal, 1-36.